Foodservice Management Training
About the foodservice management training program
The foodservice management training course prepares participants for careers in the customer service, restaurant, food service and hotel or hospital foodservice fields. Participants will learn essentials of the service industry and how to make every interaction with customers a positive one. They will learn the ability and techniques for excellent customer service delivery and how to customize their communication style to create outstanding customer relations.
The course empowers students to be service industry professionals. The skills gained in this course will enable participants to become outstanding service providers. This course is classroom- and lab-based. Successful completers of the class will have the opportunity to connect with service industry employers who need the skills of graduates.
The program prepares participants for positions such as Full Service Restaurant Managers, General Managers and Kitchen Managers, Hospital Food Service Managers and Retail Managers.
Cost: $5,000 (includes beverages & snacks, books, licenses, etc).
Refund Policy: Should a student withdraw or cancel after training has begun, there is a per diem charge of $170 plus the cost of books, uniforms or any certificates that have been prepaid. After the start of week 5, there are no refunds.
The following licenses and nationally recognized certifications will be issued during the course of training:
- ServSafe Certification, issued through the Illinois Restaurant Association and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF)
- City of Chicago Sanitation License, issued through the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- ManageFirst Customer Service (Illinois Restaurant Association)
- BASSET Certification, issued through the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF)
- Total Testing Customer Service Assessment
Requirements: Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
Online programs are available for individual employers only. They are not open to the public.
Educational Advantage, Inc. is WBE certified in the City of Chicago, Cook County and the State of Illinois, DBE/ACDBE certified in the City of Chicago.